Cover Image: Mike Campbell - 2018 Winner
*** COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED FOR ENTRIES ***
View the Winners & Pre-Order
After the success of last years competition, Skears Photographic is excited to bring back the Northamptonshire Charity Calendar, photographic competition for 2020! You can win some fantastic prizes, whilst helping to raise money for local charities! This year, we are going even bigger and better!
We will be producing a 2020 calendar featuring 12 winners’ images, with all profits from sales of the calendar donated to our two chosen charities - Cynthia Spencer Hospice and Warwickshire & Northamptonshire Air Ambulance.
We’re looking for photographs that showcase Northamptonshire. This may include landscape photographs of the countryside through the different seasons, nature and wildlife images from your local woodlands, or urbanscapes of Northamptonshire’s towns and villages. There’s only one rule - your entries must be taken in Northamptonshire!
We’re inviting entries from everyone - regardless of skill level. From amateurs to professional; from 9 year olds to 90 year olds and photos taken on smart phones to the latest greatest cameras, there's no reason not to give it a go! The Photographs will be published in the calendar and credited to the photographer, so why not enter some of your favourite photographs and get published across the county!
All 12 winners will have their image printed on Fotospeed Fine Art Photographic paper, framed and mounted in an 16x12in Ultimat frame, as well as winning a copy of the calendar. Three additional prizes will also be awarded to first, second and third place.
1st: Nikon D3400 + 18-55 AF-P DX VR Lens & Hähnel Triad C5 Tripod
2nd: Manfrotto Be Free Aluminium Travel Tripod with Ball Head & Lowepro BP 150 Backpack
3rd: Celestron Skymaster Pro 17x50 Astro Binocular and NexYZ Smart Phone Adapter
This year, we will also have a 'bonus' prize supplied by Billingham. Details will be revealed at a later date.
A huge 'thank you' to our fantastic sponsors that have generously donated prizes for this competition:
Nikon, Hähnel, Manfrotto, Lowepro, Celestron, Billingham, Ultimat and Fotospeed.
"Honestly I still can't quite believe I won. As I am a member of various local photography groups on social media, I know there are some very talented local photographers, so to have an image win a competition is an honour. Also knowing the proceeds are going to two deserving charities is fantastic." Mike Campbell - 2018 Winner
How to Enter:
We are limiting entries to 5 per person. To enter simply email your photographs to firstname.lastname@example.org
One entry per email. Please include full name, contact number and location where the photograph was taken. Any entry that does not contain the location may be rejected. Entries close Sunday 1st September 2019 at 11.59pm.
Winners will be contacted during September via email and/or phone. Calendars will go on sale at the beginning of October.
Looking For some inspiration? Check out the interview with last years winner here and view last years calendar below:
- We are celebrating Northamptonshire so the images must be taken in Northamptonshire.
- The prize promotion is open to all UK and Republic of Ireland residents, excluding Skears Photographic employees, the companies or organisations with whom the competition is being run, their agents or anyone directly connected with the competition.
- Photographs submitted must be your own work and must not be copied. Obscene, defamatory or offensive images will not be considered. If we have reason to believe your entry is not your own work, we will contact you to request evidence i.e a RAW file. If appropriate evidence cannot be obtained, your entry will not be considered.
- Winners will be contacted via email and/ or phone if required. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winners, although if the winner(s) cannot be contacted, Skears Photographic reserves the right to offer the main prize to another entrant (as chosen by the competition judges).
- No substitute prizes and equivalent cash value are offered. Any gift vouchers will be available to use in-store only. Winners will be notified when prizes are ready for collection. Prizes are collection only in-store.
- Under 18’s need permission and a parental/ guardian contact information.
- We reserve the right to crop images as needed for the design of the calendar.
- Copyright will remain with the photographer and credit will be given. By submitting an entry you are giving permission to use your image in print for the calendar. Skears Photographic reserves the right to use winning images to promote sales of the calendar, and any future calendar, in electronic format, hard copy and on social media, however credit will always be given.
- Entry is free and entries must be received before 11.59pm, 1st September 2019. Entries after this date will not be accepted.
- Winners names will be published.
- Negatives will be scanned free of charge to a suitable resolution required for entry. These scans will not be provided to the entrant, however can be viewed in-store.
- All entries will remain anonymous at the time of judging. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The promoter is Skears Photographic. 203 Wellingborough Road, Northampton. NN1 4ED.
- No purchase necessary to win nor enter.
- Skears Photographic reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions at any time.