The Nikon GP-1 is compatible with the following models: D3x, D3, D700, D90, D3S, D5000 and D300s. Nikon advise some models may require an update to the latest version of firmware.
- GP-1 Data Acquired: Latitude, longitude, altitude, time information
- Time required for satellite acquisition: Approx. 45 sec. (cold start), approx. 5 sec. (hot start)
- Power source: Power supplied from camera body
- Three Receiving indicators: Red blinking (GPS data not recorded), Green blinking (GPS data recorded utilizing three satellites), Green solid (Four or more satellites detected, GPS data are more accurate)Converts your Nikon Digital SLR into a GPS tagging camera. The GP-1 records the following data:
- Date and UTC Time (Co-ordinated Universal Time)
- Shooting Information - such as aperture and shutter settings
This software is supplied with compatible cameras or can be downloaded from Nikon. It allows you to hook up with Google Maps to revisit and map your journeys.
The three-status LED indicator lets you know whether there is good GPS reception (more than 3 satellite signals), minimum reception (3 satellite signals) or no GPS reception. In addition there is an MC-DC2 remote release socket to allow remote shooting while the unit is attached.